Discover our selection of mechanical scissor jacks: standard models that can be used on all vehicles. Easily identifiable thanks to its diamond shape, the diamond jack is ideal for raising your car with its threaded rod: turn the crank to raise your car! Very compact tool, you can easily store it under a piece of furniture or in the trunk of your car. You will come to the end of all the unforeseen events of your journeys: wheel change, oil change. You can easily change your punctured wheel and get back on the road in complete safety. Although their lift height and maximum lift weights are limited compared to hydraulic jacks, their small size allows them to squeeze under any vehicle.
Effective for repairing or maintaining your vehicle, a mechanical scissor jack is made to lift a vehicle in an emergency situation. If the original jack on your car is no longer suitable, if you want to equip yourself to replace a wheel, do your oil change alone, or any other operation, it will be more profitable to buy a mechanical scissor jack, than to call a repairman or a mechanic. You can easily do your maintenance on your vehicle yourself: big money savings in sight! The mechanical scissor jack also saves time! Transpalette-gerbeur.fr offers you its guide: Tests and opinions of the best mechanical scissor jacks. Which lifting system to choose, The stability of the base of the professional jack, type of wheels… let’s answer all your questions!
|Best Scissor Jacks Overall: RV Stabilizing Scissor Jack||Best Scissor Jacks Value: Torin Steel Scissor Lift Jack||Best Scissor Jacks Honorable Mention: Beetro Electric Car Jack|
|Overview||If you decide to take your RV or trailer on a journey with you this is the perfect scissor jack you can get.||It’s way more affordable than the other scissor jacks. The perfect tool to take with you on the trunk of your day-to-day car.||The most modern and easy-to-use car jack. Will help you get on the road super-fast.|
|Pros||We know how important it is to save space on your trailer or RV. That is why this scissor jack is the best because it’s reliable and has a compact design.||It can fit perfectly along with your spare tire, offers maximum stability, and comes with a great price too.||Super easy to use, and do not require any physical strength. You just have to plug in the cigarette lighter and you are ready to go.|
|Cons||Usually, it’s needed two of them in order to fix your RV.||It can not fit on lower cars.||Takes a little more space than the other scissor jacks.|
Benefits of Scissor Jacks
- Portable. Scissor car jacks are always built with the design in mind to be compact and portable. This way you can carry them around on your trunk more easily.
- Emergency use. Even if you have never had to change a flat tire before, it is always a smart idea to prepare if something happens. If you do not own a jack or you do not know how to change it yourself, professionals will charge you a lot in these cases of emergencies.
- Lightweight. The scissor jacks do not require that much physical strength to get them out of the trunk or to use them. The lightweight body type helps a lot in this direction.
- Cheap maintenance. In comparison to the high-end jack competitors, the scissor jack are very reliable, does not break even after years of use, and does not require that much maintenance.
Types of Scissor Jacks
Car Scissor Jacks
Usually, cars have an emergency kit, which includes a car scissor jack too. If not you should definitely get one. These best car scissor jacks can fit perfectly on your trunk with the other emergency tools. If a flat tire situation ever happens, you can easily change it with the help of your car scissor jack.
Stabilizing Scissor Jacks
You may have been told by the others to use a stabilizing scissor jack for a normal car. Just to be clear stabilizing scissor jacks are used mostly on bigger vehicles like trailers or RVs. Even if you know how to properly use a stabilizing scissor jack changes are that it will create a safety hazard if used on normal cars. We recommend going for a smaller car scissor jack even if you own an SUV.
Electric Scissor Jacks
The electric scissor jack can be perfect for people that do not want to crawl underneath your car. Changing your flat tire with an electric scissor jack will require half the work of a normal manual scissor jack. If finding an outlet is one of your concerns do not worry because most electric scissor jacks use your car to power up.
Scissor Jacks Pricing
- Under $30: At this price, usually, you can get only small scissor car jacks that can be used only on short trips because they can not be that reliable. If you have a small car, you can use them no problem.
- $40-$80: For $40 to $80 you can buy a high-end car jack. If you are looking for quality and a great price these are the scissor jack that you have to buy. They are reliable and will always get you out of bad situations.
- Over $80: In this category, we have included the most expensive car jacks that have automated the biggest part of the job. These scissor car jacks are usually electric and super easy to use for everyone.
- It is best to take a course or have someone to teach you how to properly use a scissor jack. Trying to use one without previous knowledge might end up in a disaster.
- Do not forget the user manual of your car in order to know the exact places where to properly use the scissor jack.
- Also, do not forget to read the scissor jack user manual too, in order to get full information about weight limitation and other important details.
- While replacing a flat tire keep in mind that you need to lift your car high enough to fit an inflated tire not only to remove the flat one.