The windshield is the biggest glass on your car. That’s why it is responsible for protecting the largest part of your car’s interior. Especially during the summer season the interior leather and plastic of your car can be affected negatively by the direct sun. The leather can be worn and torn and the plastic of the dashboard may lose its initial color.
But it is not recommended to protect your windshield only during the hot summer days but during winter too. This time the focus is to save the windshield itself because the interior will not be affected. If you place a windshield cover the night before, tomorrow morning you can just remove the cover and you are ready to go. Forget the wasted time that you spend trying to remove the snow and ice and usually scratching the glass doing so.
|Best Overall: VOHQPEI Car Windshield Cover||Best Value: Laptom Windshield Snow Cover||Honorable Mention: PVG Car Windshield Snow Cover|
|Overview||For just $17.99 you can get this car windshield cover that will protect your car from rain, snow, frost, the sun you name it. The 4 layers ultra-thick material is the reason for all these good qualities.||For as cheaper as it gets, this windshield cover will protect your front glass, especially in winter. Ice and snow would not be a problem anymore.||As our honorable mention, we have the perfect windshield that will protect your car in the most extreme weather. The best part about this windshield is the ability to protect all three front glasses.|
|Pros||4 layers for maximum protectionStrong and durable in extreme weatherCan fit perfectly even on large cars||3 layer protection made from polyester, cloth, and polyester again its shown to be very effective on cold temperaturesUniversal size that can fit with almost any vehicleIt also comes with protectors for the mirrors||The morning snow and ice will not be a nightmare anymore you can go on with your day right awayWith the help of the magnets and the elastic rims, you do not have to worry if the cover will be blown by the wind.|
|Cons||Can be very bright on sunny days||Doesn’t do as well as another windshield with PE aluminum film.|
Benefits of Windshield Covers
- Protects the windshield from scratches. The main damage that the windshield gets is while it is parked somewhere collecting dust and other small participles. Also while scratching the ice away in winter you may end up scratching the glass in the meantime. It’s well known that high temperatures can expand the glass and while shrinking on cooler ones may crack.
- Maintain comfortable temperatures. Summer days might turn into hell when you want to drive your car after sitting underneath the sun for a couple of hours. If you have a windshield cover you can easily remove it and start driving right away without spending time and gas trying to cool it.
- Keeps snow away. Removing the snow from your car is an enjoyable activity if you have to do it only a few times. But if it is an everyday thing you will be tired of it quickly. Our windshield covers will save time and make the process much more easy and enjoyable.
- Ice will not be a problem anymore. As we talked before when we talked about how to protect our car from scratches and one of the main problems will be the ice. But do not worry you just have to buy one of these windshields and you will not have this problem anymore.
- Protector against sun damage. The summer sun can be a real problem not only for your windshield but even for your car interior. Your seat leather might be damaged a lot faster than you might think. Save money trying to fix your whole interior with just one windshield cover.
- If your windshield cover uses magnets, you need to be careful if it is a rainy day. Most of the time magnets do not work very well on wet surfaces. That is why it’s needed to dry your car a little bit before using the windshield cover.
- Make sure to buy windshield covers that are hard to get stolen. There are two types, one of them get shut in the driver’s door and some others (usually only sun covers) are place inside the car.
- For those windy days, you may get windshield covers that are equipped with straps and or magnets that do not let it go away.
Q: What if my windshield has a crack?
A: Windshield covers are usually used to prevent crack windshields. However, it may help to reduce the continuous cracking. The best is to replace the cracked windshield to protect your car, and yourself.